1. Da-Peng Shan, Jin-Guang Huang, Yu-Tao Yang, Ying-Hui Guo and Cheng-Chao Zheng*. Cotton GhDREB1 increases plant tolerance to low temperature and is negatively regulated by gibberellic acid. New Phytologist 2007. 176: 70–81
2. Meng-Meng Zhanga, Lu-Sha Ji, Hua Xue, Yu-Tao Yang, Chang-Ai Wu and Cheng-Chao Zheng*. High transformation frequency of tobacco and rice via Agrobacterium-mediated gene transfer by flanking a tobacco matrix attachment region Physiologia Plantarum 2007.129: 644–651.
3. Dong Wang, Yinghui Guo, Changai Wu, Guodong Yang, Yingying Li and Chengchao Zheng*. Genome-wide analysis of CCCH zinc finger family in Arabidopsis and rice. BMC Genomics 2008, 9:44
4. Hanhua Liu, Xin Tian, Yanjie Li, Changai Wu and Chengchao Zheng*.Microarray-based analysis of stress-regulated microRNAs in Arabidopsis thaliana. RNA 2008, 14: 836-843
5. Xin Huang · Wei Zhu · Silan Dai · Shupeng Gai ·Guosheng Zheng · Chengchao Zheng*. The involvement of mitochondrial phosphate transporter in accelerating bud dormancy release during chilling treatment of tree peony (Paeonia suVruticosa). Planta 2008, 228(4):545-52
6. Xiyan Yu, Xiufeng Wang, Wenqian Zhang, Tingting Qian, Guimin Tang, Yankui Guo, Chengchao Zheng*. Antisense Suppression of an Acid Invertase Gene (MAI1) in Muskmelon Alters Plant Growth and Fruit Development. Journal of Experimental Botany. 2008, 59(11):2969-77.
7. Jiedao Zhang, Longtao Lu, Lusha Ji, Guodong Yang, Chengchao Zheng*. Functional characterization of a tobacco matrix attachment region-mediated enhancement of transgene expression. Transgenic Research. 2009, 18:377-385
8. Hongxin Zhang and Cheng-Chao Zheng* Oral immunogenicity and protective efﬁcacy in mice of a carrot-derived vaccine candidate expressing UreB subunit against Helicobacter pylori. Protein Expression and Purification. 2009, 69:127-131
9. Tongtong Xue, Xinzheng Li, Wei Zhu, Changai Wu, Guodong Yang, and Chengchao Zheng*. Cotton metallothionein GhMT3a, a reactive oxygen species scavenger, increased tolerance against abiotic stress in transgenic tobacco and yeast. Journal of Experimental Botany.2009, 60: 339-349
10. Ying-Hui Guo, Yue-Ping Yu, Dong Wang, Chang-Ai Wu, Guo-Dong Yang, Jin-Guang Huang and Cheng-Chao Zheng*. GhZFP1, a novel CCCH-type zinc finger protein from cotton, enhances salt stress tolerance and fungal disease resistance in transgenic tobacco by interacting with GZIRD21A and GZIPR5. New Phytologist 2009, 183: 62–75
11. Yu-Tao Yang, Yan-Li Yu, Guo-Dong Yang, Jie-Dao Zhang and Cheng-Chao Zheng*, Tissue-specific expression of the PNZIP promoter is mediated by combinatorial interaction of different cis-elements and a novel ranscriptional factor. Nucleic Acids Research 2009, 37(8):2630–2644
12. Jin-Guang Huang, Mei Yang, Pei Liu, Guo-Dong Yang, Chang-Ai Wu and Cheng-Chao Zheng*. GhDREB1 enhances abiotic stress tolerance, delays GA-mediated development and represses cytokinin signaling in transgenic Arabidopsis. Plant, Cell & Environment, 2009, 32, 1132–1145
13. YanLi Yu, YanZe Li, LingLi Li, JinXing Lin, ChengChao Zheng* Overexpression of PwTUA1, a pollen-specific tubulin gene, increases pollen tube elongation by altering the distribution of α-tubulin and promoting vesicle transport. Journal of Experimental Botany, 2009, 60(9):2737-49
14. Yanjie Li, Yaru Fu, Lusha Ji, Changai Wu, Chengchao Zheng*. Characterization and expression analysis of the Arabidopsis mir169 family. Plant Science 2010,178: 271-280
15. Jin-Guang Huang, Mei Yang, Pei Liu, Guo-Dong Yang, Chang-Ai Wu, Cheng-Chao Zheng*. Genome-wide profiling of developmental, hormonal or environmental responsiveness of the nucleocytoplasmic transport receptors in Arabidopsis. Gene. 2010, 451:38-44
16. Dongmei Xi, Wushuang Liu, Guodong Yang, Changai Wu, Cheng-chao Zheng*. Seed-specific overexpression of antioxidant genes in Arabidopsis enhances oxidative stress tolerance during germination and early seedling growth. Plant Biotechnology Journal, 2010, 8:796-806.
17. Hao Huan, Sheng-Dong Qi, Fang Qi, Chang-Ai Wu, Guo-Dong Yang and Cheng-Chao Zheng*. NtKTI1, a Kunitz trypsin inhibitor with antifungal activity from Nicotiana tabacum, plays an important role in tobacco’s defense response. FEBS Journal 2010, 277:4076-4088.
18. Yanjie Li, Yaru Fu, Jinguang Huang, Changai Wu and Chengchao Zheng*Insight into the transcriptional regulation during the early development of the maize brace root. FEBS Journal 2010