Congming Lu, Professor, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org, 0538-8243663, 13910810302
Biogenesis of thylakoid membrane complexes, e.g. photosystem I and photosystem II
Chloroplast gene expression
Photosynthesis and the environment
Molecular breeding for photosynthesis improvement of crops
1982-1986 Jiangsu Agricultural College, BSc of Agronomy
1986-1989 Jiangsu Agricultural College, MSc of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry
1990-1993 Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, PhD of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry
1989-1990 Research Assistant, Huayun Agricultural Technology Development Company, Lianyungang City, Jiangsu Province, China
1993-1994 Research Assistant, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
1994-1997 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, the Jacob Blaustein Institute for Desert Research, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
1997-1998 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Department of Biology, Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
1998-1999 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Division of Life Sciences, King’s College London, University of London, UK
2000-2018 Professor, Key Laboratory of Photobiology, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
2018-present Professor, College of Life Sciences, Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, Shandong Province, China
Selected Publications (*Corresponding authors):
1. Lei Wang, Qingwei Li, Aihong Zhang, Wen Zhou, Rui Jiang, Zhipan Yang, Huixia Yang, Xiaochun Qin, Shunhua Ding, Qingtao Lu, Xiaogang Wen, Congming Lu*, The phytol phosphorylation pathway is essential for the biosynthesis of phylloquinone, which is required for photosystem I stability in Arabidopsis. Molecular Plant. 2017, 10:183-196.
2. Wen Zhou, Qingtao Lu, Qingwei Li, Lei Wang, Shunhua Ding, Aihong Zhanga, Xiaogang Wen, Lixin Zhang, Congming Lu*, PPR-SMR protein SOT1 has RNA endonuclease activity. PNAS. 2017, 114 (8): E1554-E1563.
3. Huixia Yang, Pin Li, Aihong Zhang, Xiaogang Wen, Lixin Zhang, Congming Lu*, Tetratricopeptide repeat protein Pyg7 is essential for photosystem I assembly by interacting with PsaC in Arabidopsis. Plant Journal. 2017, 91: 950-961.
4. Shunhua Ding, Rui Jiang, Qingtao Lu, Xiaogang Wen, Congming Lu*, Glutathione reductase 2 maintains the function of photosystem II in Arabidopsis under excess light. Biochimica et Biophysica Acata-Bioenergetics. 2016, 875: 665-677.
5. Huixia Yang, Jun Liu，Xiaogang Wen, Congming Lu*. Molecular mechanism of photosystem I assembly in oxygenic organisms. Biochimica et Biophysica Acata-Bioenergetics. 2015,1847:838-848.
6. Liang Wang, Qingtao Lu, Xiaogang Wen, Congming Lu*, Enhanced sucrose loading improves rice yield by increasing grain size. Plant Physiology. 2015, 169:2848-2862.
7. Linlin Zhong, Wen Zhou, Haijun Wang, Shunhua Ding, Qingtao Lu, Xiaogang Wen, Lianwei Peng, Lixin Zhang, Congming Lu*, Chloroplasr small heat shock protein HSP21 interacts with plastid nucleoid protein pTAC5 and is essential for chloroplast development in Arabidopsis under heat stress. Plant Cell. 2013, 25:2925-2943.
8. Jun Liu, Huixia Yang, Qingtao Lu, Xiaogang Wen, Fan Chen, Lianwei Peng, Lixin Zhang, Congming Lu*, PSBP-DOMAIN PROTEIN1, a nuclear-encoded thylakoid lumenal protein, is essential for photosystem I assembly in Arabidopsis.Plant Cell. 2012, 24:4992-5006.